Sunday, February 01, 2009

Recap and reboot

OK.  so I said I would not get back on the scale until January after ballooning to 312 mid month.  My heaviest ever.  Which is wild considering, I have certainly worked harder than ever this month.

sigh.

So I started the month at 299 pounds.  26 of the 31 days of the month I walked on the treadmill 1 1/2 miles. 2 days I walked outside 2 miles.  1 day I did 2 miles at the track at the rec center.  Every other day I did push ups, sit ups and worked on the weight machine.  Every day I did light curling with free weights.  

I dropped from about 6 sodas a day down to 2.  We ate much better, only eating out once or twice.  

About 13 days into the year I had dropped 11 pounds down to 288.  It was the first time I had been on the scale.  I was thrilled.  A couple weeks later I hopped back on the scale and was horrified to be staring at 312 pounds.  I redoubled my efforts and vowed to get back on the scale at the end of the month.  

So here we are.  End of the first month.  And I am staring back at 300 pounds.  Again.  

I feel better.  My arms certainly look better.  Lifting and walking on the treadmill have certainly become easier.  But my belly is as fat as ever and the weight is the same.  

Suggestions?  Encouragement?  

I'll start fresh tomorrow.  Hopefully with a new game plan.

Cross posted at http://thechallenge.tumblr.com/


No comments: